Thursday, November 29, 2007

Yummy Vegetable Soup

La Soupe

Tonight is soup night and my family loves vegetable soup. It is so refreshing to our bodies and cleanses our body and mind of it's impurities. I do make different types of the soup so that our family doesn't get bored of the same kind each time. They love the idea of me adding a new twist to it each time. I do this by altering it with different spices. It almost feel like a chemistry lab, I guess I consider my kitchen as a lab were experiments are done. So here is one of the recipes I found on the fat smash diet forum.

  • 2 cans of low sodium broth
  • 1 bag froz. mixed veggies
  • 1 can black beans
  • 1 cup brown rice
  • ( i used blk. pepper & onion powder , you can spice it up any way you want)
  • let this simmer in crock until rice is tender. I sometimes use the pressure cooker instead of the crock pot. It does save a lot of time.

Enjoy and Happy cooking or rather experimenting.

If any of you lacks wisdom,
let him ask of God,
who gives to all liberally
and without reproach,
and it will be given to him.
James 1:5

No comments: