Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Learning To Drive


A couple of weeks ago, as I was driving my kids to their music lessons, my smart son
said, " Ooh Mamma, you are driving at 50 it says 45 on the signs!!!!"
Oops! I was caught! not by the cops but by my watchful son. I realised that as my mind rolled on different things that needed to be done, I was breaking the law. Needless to say, after his reminder I slowed down and paid more attention to my trusty speedometer.
Well, this got me thinking....My son was learning to drive allready in the passenger seat. He was watching closely my speed, my turns, my driving techniques....
Aha! now I thought this was a good opportunity, even before his driving lessons start which is a long way to go, I was teaching him, and truly I did'nt want him speeding away in his teenage years.
I put my brakes on in my brain, sort of like a light bulb moment went off , " Years ago I walked to teach him to walk, now I was driving and these were his learning moments....Yeah!!! there you go, I thought, I have all these opportunities to teach my son that it's not okay to break the law......
Those mundane things which we take sometimes for granted are really affecting our children knowingly or unknowingly,,,,Thankyou son and Thankyou Lord for making me aware....and thankful .
"Remind them to be subject to rulers and authorities,
to obey, to be ready for every good work,."
Titus 3:1

No comments: