Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Abraham, a hero!


And truly if they had called to mind


that country from which they had come out,


they would have the opportunity to return.


But now they desire a better,


that is , a heavenly country.


Therefore God is not ashamed


to be called their God,


for He has prepared a city for them.


Hebrews 11:15-16


This was the portion my son was memorising this morning for kid's club and it spoke to my heart.

Wow! Abraham made a good choice. He could have called to mind, in other words thought about or stay stuck in his memories of the country he had come out from.

Oh dear, then he would have had the opportunity to return, how sad that would have been, but instead he chose to desire a better, a heavenly country even while he lived on this earth and had all the great possessions he had acquired.

And how wonderful, God was not ashamed to be their God and prepared a city for them.


My aim should be to look forward not to worry about the past mishaps, portion of dissappointments, not even the past sweet memories that I can't get to.


This was a choice I had to make. My life is not on auto pilot. The Lord is my captain, I choose to listen to what He has to say in His Word and then choose to obey Him in all my day to day activities.

I am so glad I know Him. There is none better to trust. He is trustworthy and He is faithful.


I am so thankful for the free gift of free will He gave to mankind . And most of all for giving up His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ to make a way for us mankind to have friendship with Him.


Though many a times we stumble, He understands us and provides a way out.My life and my family's life is proof of His mercy and forgiveness and provision.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Giving yourself to God helps in life. People in the Bible that just did what God told them instead of worrying about it were taken care of by God and greatly blessed.