Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Need of the early morning quiet time


Now in the morning having risen
a long while before daylight,
He went out and departed to a solitary place;
and there He prayed.
Mark 1;35
If the Lord Jesus felt the need of this early morning quiet time,how much more should I!
He opened His ear each morning to receive instructions for the day from God the Father.(Isaiah 50:4,5)
How often the Lord has woken me up,
and I just tried to roll on and catch some more sleep.
Pretty soon as the day dawns,
say a quick prayer and a quick reading of the Word.
And all that needs to be done crowd into my schedule.
Chaotically every thing's done as if to keep from drowning,
in all that needs to be accomplished.
I realise, oh I haven't spent my quiet time with my Lord today,
No wonder I have been gasping for time.
when I did not give my early morning to the owner of time,
To come and meet quietly before daylight.
He's waiting there for me,
to give me the secrets, for my day ahead.
I earnestly repent and He quickly forgives,
and is always ready to restore ,
the close relationship I cherish.
My Father,my Daddy,my Lord!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How true ot is! That happens to me, and I know how wrong it is. God is really important in the morning. Spending time with Him in the morning makes the chaotic life of this generation flow as easily as water in a stream. Thankyou for putting this up! It is a blessing to me and others