Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis

John 3:16




I love reading C.S.Lewis's books. He is such a genius, and I am so glad he penned all his ideas and thoughts. Mere Christianity is a beautiful work and having read it once before quite a long time ago, I thought I might take it up again.

In the first chapter, "The Law of Human Nature" he concludes by making two points.
"First, that human beings, all over the earth, have this curious idea that they ought to behave in a certain way, and cannot really get rid of it.
Secondly, that they do not in fact behave in that way. They know the Law of Nature;(what Right and Wrong are) they break it. These two facts are the foundations of all clear thinking about ourselves and the universe we live in."

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I read this book years ago! It was very good!

Annie said...

I agree Sharon, C.S Lewis gets me thinking...